Monday 15 February 2021

Progress on Hero Jr

With printing going well, and I’m almost ready to print one of the larger parts (1 Day 3 hours).  I’m currently testing the new wake up the sheds on fire system.  It was quite straight forward to modify a smoke alarm as the model that I have has lots of test pads on the bottom.  One of these goes high to low when the alarm sounds (it drives the led).  A Raspberry Pi in side the house talks to the one in the shed, to see what the current status is.  

I have now finished building  both SC113 backplane boards, although I managed to solder the end connectors on the wrong way round!  This creates a problem for pin 1 now being the wrong end for one board.

I have one more of the I2C boards to finish.  This will allow me to test devices before moving to the Hero Jr.  I now have two CP/M systems both running SCM 1.1 and I have tested cloning the compact flash card to move from the development system to the Hero Jr.  This should allow me to easily backup my work and  move any finished code around quickly.  

My Development system is currently RC2014 Mini with CP/M and 5 slot backplane.  I using CP/M 2.2 with the following software.

ZDE16 - Editor

Z80ASM - Compiler 

DDT - Debug

Windows 10 laptop with Tera Term (Colours set to Green)

Next steps are to look at building the case for the Hero Jr.  I’m going to start sanding down the parts ready for glueing together and coating, and the spray painting.

I’m looking at replicating the original drive mechanics, as I like this idea :-).  


Development System and Hero Jr Brain 


3D Body Parts