Thursday 16 November 2017

Building the Next Spectrum - Part 2


Software progressing well, needed to recompile Fuse on a Pre-Pixel version of Raspbian.  This was to allow me to run Fuse fullscreen from the console.  I now have an OS that boots to Fuse!




Original board fixed to the 'lid'


Pi Zero fixed to the back of the case to reduce the amount of cutting


I will make good the rear panel with a new sticky label for power and hdmi


Plastic wall to help support the Pi Zero


To allow for the PiZero to fix to the rear of the case the USB is connected to the test pads (I just cut down the USB cable that came with the RCZX.

Small strip-board to support the function buttons


The two buttons will be used to access thew Fuse menu and take snapshots.
I'm thinking of using the joystick as a way to control fuse menu.